Notes

Land of the Sky Tournament information can be found by clicking on the button above.

Newcomers to the site should note the pickleball book "chapters" in the left column and the repository of expert articles and videos in the right column.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Finding a Tournament Partner



I have never been on any dating site such as Match.com or eHarmony. I can't imagine what kinds of questions are asked that attempt to create a lasting relationship. But, despite my naivete, I am going to try to do that here.  No, I am not going to ask a bunch of personal questions and I am not trying to set up romantic connections. I will attempt to provide a clearinghouse for players to find partners for tournament play.



Many tournaments have the option of registering as a single player "Needing a Partner". The tournament organizers will do their best to match players of equal ability and age. But - and this is a big BUT - there are no guarantees that a partner will be found. I recently went through this process to find a female partner for the Mixed Doubles in the upcoming Low Country Pickleball Classic. I was successful and am now partnered with a Hilton Head Island player that I have met only in email.

Other
 tournaments require a partner to be listed with registration. These tournaments make no pretense that they will try to find a partner and will not even accept a "single" registration. That leaves those without partners unable to play in these tournaments.

Since I posted the news of a couple of local tournaments, I have had a couple of players ask me if I knew of other local players with whom they could partner to play. Those requests pointed to the lack of a local network to help arrange partners. So, we are going to try to that on this site. We will focus on local and areas tournaments like the following:
Those interested in finding a partner for these (or any other tournament) should send me an email (click on my profile for an email link) with information on the partner requirements - Male/Female, Tournament Age Group, and Skill Level. I will do my best to find and match the requirements with others who submit a request. This system will only work if enough people participate so be sure to tell others about the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment