Notes

Land of the Sky Tournament information can be found by clicking on the button above.

Newcomers to the site should note the pickleball book "chapters" in the left column and the repository of expert articles and videos in the right column.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Things You Do NOT Want to Hear from Your Partner

It is a fine thing to be honest, but...


The Pickleball Forum had a good topic that I would like to share.







Things you don't want to hear from your new doubles partner when you step on the court:
  • The beans and cabbage aren't agreeing with me.
  • So this is what it feels like playing sober?
  • Can you explain the scoring system?
  • Are we shirts or skins?
  • Do you mind if I play lefthanded. I have always wondered if I could hit it lefthanded.
  • So if you like the kitchen so much why don't you let me play the baseline?Who cares about the 3rd shot!
  • Every time we score a point I think we should yell, "take that you cockroach".
  • What's a soft game?
  • Sit back. Take notes. Enjoy. I'm here to redefine the conventional Pickleball paradigm.
  • Hey, this ball has holes in it.
  • Btw, I'm a 3.0. I just wanted to see what it would be like to play 5.0.
  • What do you mean I have to serve underhanded?
  • The holster is just in case we lose.
  • I brought cookies because they said I couldn't step in the kitchen, but I don't see one around here, anyway.
  • I hope they don't notice the sling I am wearing on my arm...
  • We lose...you die!
  • Ok...this is how I want you to play.
  • Do you have any superglue? I need to re-attach my handle to my paddle before we start.
  • I don’t know how to put this but I’m kind of a big deal, people know me.
  • I'm used to medaling so you are gonna have to step up your game.
  • Do you mind cutting these handcuffs off?
  • My lobs are usually short. Hope you don't mind.
  • I wanted to do something special for you, so I had our names Bedazzled on the back of our shorts.
  • I thought this was a nude tournament.
  • My last partner is still in the trunk.
  • What is that rectangular box in front of the net ? 
  • You cover your sideline, I'll take everything else!
  • I see dead people
  • Those fancy graphite paddles are overrated. Check out this sweet wood paddle.
  • I have a severe intestinal bug, you probably can't catch it from touching the balls, but you'd better wash your hands after the match.
  • I hope my rug doesn't fall off my head. It did yesterday while playing.
  • I hope these sunglasses don't look too funny... I just got my eyes dilated.
  • Can you hold my hand? I get so nervous when I play?
  • Do these overalls make my butt look big?
  • Do you play it is o.k. to stand in the kitchen after we return the serve?
  • I find it easier to run forward than back so I stay at the baseline.
  • I don't run for any lobs...you'll have to deal with them.
  • I won this tournament with my last partner!
  • Don't I know you from Tinder
  • We're playing I formation, right?
  • Do you mind if instead of tapping paddles , you just pull my finger?
  • My new years resolution is to actually finish a tournament without getting thrown out.
  • This isn't a knee brace, its black mold.
  • Can I borrow your paddle? Mine keep breaking when I throw them.
  • I like to play no man's land cuz I'm scared of the ball.



No comments:

Post a Comment