Notes

Land of the Sky Tournament information can be found by clicking on the button above.

Newcomers to the site should note the pickleball book "chapters" in the left column and the repository of expert articles and videos in the right column.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Pickleball at Lake Lure

I was fortunate to enjoy the last 11 days with family in an extended vacation. Part of that time was spent in the Lake Lure area, a great place to spend time outdoors hiking, canoeing, and, of course, playing pickleball. I spent one morning on the courts of Rumbling Bald Resort with Michele Puchala, the USAPA ambassador for Lake Lure, and a group of welcoming players. It was a great time and I only wish I could have spent more time on their beautiful lakeside courts. Here are a few photos to attempt to show the scenic location.





I would encourage anyone in the Lake Lure area to contact Michele through the USAPA ambassador listings and go play. Their current schedule is Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 9:00 AM.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks Paul. We are glad you came and found our little Paradise! Please come back often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time. Thanks for the hospitality.

      Delete
  2. We're going to be spending one night, Sunday to Monday, in the Chimney Rock/Lake Lure area and I was hoping to surprise my honey with some pickleball games. Would be glad to know of anything going on Sunday afternoon/evening or Monday mornings. I believe we are roughly 3.5 players, but he has more experience than me.

    ReplyDelete