Notes

Land of the Sky Tournament information can be found by clicking on the button above.

Newcomers to the site should note the pickleball book "chapters" in the left column and the repository of expert articles and videos in the right column.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Offbeat Sunday: World’s Lamest Pickleball Excuses

I would love to give credit to the source for this, but I don't know where I found it.

Could It, Maybe, Possibly, Conceivably Be ME??? We have run out of ways to blame external factors like the paddle, the ball, your partner, or the court. Which leads us to the inevitable conclusion:  

“Maybe it’s me!” 

So, here are a few ways you can accept the blame for your lousy shot, without really accepting the blame.
  1. “I thought I heard someone yell BALL.”
  2. “I worked out this morning and I’m tired from benching 250.”
  3. “I lost the ball in the lights/sun.”
  4. “My pacemaker misfired just as I was about to hit the ball.”
  5. “These opponents aren’t really a challenge for me so I relaxed.”
  6. “I’m older today than I was yesterday”
  7. “I had a troubled childhood.”
  8. “I was watching the game on the next court.”
  9. “I just took a lesson and it messed up my game.”
  10. “My artificial hip locked up.”


No comments:

Post a Comment