Notes

Land of the Sky Tournament information can be found by clicking on the button above.

Newcomers to the site should note the pickleball book "chapters" in the left column and the repository of expert articles and videos in the right column.

Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Pickleball Doctor

I can't stand being on the sideline...

The last 3 months of 2017 were painful for me. My left knee had been swollen but without much pain. Then, suddenly the pain shot up - I would say to level 6 or 7 on a scale to 10. Arthritis runs in the family but I always thought that it was a gradual process so this pain couldn't be related, at least in my mind. So I rested and sat on the sidelines. It drove me crazy. But I did a lot of research and visited an orthopedist. It was arthritis and it then became a matter of managing pain and inflammation.

But that information is just to set up the topic of the post. During my downtime, a new contributor joined the Pickleball Form. Noe Sariban started a Facebook page - The Pickleball Doctor - with the stated purpose of "Injury prevention and rehabilitation tips from a Doctor of Physical Therapy and avid Pickleball player to help you play the sport you love!". As the saying goes, just what the doctor ordered.


Since the site is relatively new, content is limited. But there are some videos available. I want to highlight one today. This video is called The Pickleball Doctor - Sport Specific and Agility Drills. It shows Noe demonstrating various drills from low to advanced levels that should help players both avoid injuries and improve play.





1 comment:

  1. I'm also visiting this site regularly, this web site is really nice and the users are genuinely sharing good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete