Notes

Land of the Sky Tournament information can be found by clicking on the button above.

Newcomers to the site should note the pickleball book "chapters" in the left column and the repository of expert articles and videos in the right column.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Offbeat Sunday: Divorce and Pickleball


Doug Baker writes a pickleball blog called The Challenge Court. The following is an amusing story from his blog.

I am reluctant to bring up sensitive subjects. I have no expertise in relationship counseling. However, I received an email from an international subscriber who needs help. I have decided to give my opinion in the hope that I can be of service to the troubled parties involved. I have changed the people’s names to protect their privacy.

Dear Doug,

I read your articles and I think you are a person who may be able to help me with my problem. I love pickleball and I play every time I can. I thought my husband was supportive of my interest. Sadly, I was wrong.

Last night he said that I have been neglecting him, and I have to change my ways or else…..he didn’t say what ‘or else’ was.

What should I do? If I don’t think of something I’m afraid I might be headed for a divorce!

Coco K.

Hi Coco,

I think many of us can empathize with your predicament. We all lead such busy lives that we need distractions to keep us happy.

Sometimes though, the things that are meant to be fun (time with your spouse , children , your job , etc.) , can turn into obsessions! These diversions start to take you away from what is important to finding meaning in life. Your husband is right about one thing – you need to reassess your priorities!

I am confident, if you put in a sincere effort, that you can renew and revive your relationship with pickleball. That should make your husband happy. After all, no one wants to face the trauma of being divorced from the PB game.

I hope you read the next article. You might find it helpful.

DATE NIGHT

Since this is June, the month of romance, I have my own little love story to share with you all.

I was at my condo the other evening and I felt restless. Nothing was wrong, but I felt there was something that I had to do.

Then it came to me…I went into the closet where I keep my game bag. I took out my paddle, looked into its’ face and said ” C’mon baby, you and I are going out.” I took my Pro Lite Blaster for a walk down by the beach.

As we strolled along, hand in grip, the passerbys smiled at us. They could sense our happiness at being together!

I hope my story inspires everyone to keep good relationships with their own pickleball gear.

Oh yeah…., don’t forget to hug your court shoes once in a while.

Cheers and good vibes in your relationships,

Doug.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete